New Delhi . Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has given some relief to EPFO subscribers in the matter of linking EPF account with Aadhaar. The linking deadline has been extended to 31 December. Earlier its last date was 31 August. EPFO has given this information through social media.
If you do not link EPFO and Aadhar number by December 31, then the contribution coming from the company in your account will be stopped. Apart from this, you may also face trouble in withdrawing money from the EPF account. If the account of the EPF account holder is not linked with Aadhaar, then they will not be able to use the services of EPFO.
Also read- ‘Aadhaar Shila’: LIC’s special insurance scheme for women, how many lakhs will be available on depositing 29 rupees daily
this is its process
- First you go to the EPFO portal epfindia.gov.in.
- Login to your account using UAN and Password.
- Click on the KYC option in the “Manage” section.
- On the page that opens, you can see several documents to be linked with your EPF account.
- Select the Aadhar option and click on save by typing your Aadhar number and your name on the Aadhar card.
- The information provided by you will be secured, your Aadhaar will be verified with the data of UIDAI.
- Once your KYC documents are correct, your Aadhaar will be linked with your EPF account and you will get “Verify” written in front of your Aadhaar details.
- Both the employee and the employer put money in the EPF account.
- Under the EPFO Act, 12% of the basic salary plus DA of the employee goes to the EPF account. So at the same time, the employer (company) also contributes 12% of the basic salary plus DA of the employee. Out of the 12% contribution of the company, 3.67% goes to the PF account of the employee and the remaining 8.33% goes to the employee pension scheme. The EPF account is getting 8.50% interest annually.
What is the number?
As soon as the employee is registered with the Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), the employee becomes a member of this organization and along with this he is also issued a 12 digit UAN (Universal Account Number). With the help of this number, the facilities of EPFO can be used online. With the help of UAN number, an employee can not only see the passbook of his PF account online, but he can also check his PF (Providend Fund) balance online.
Read Hindi News online and watch Live TV on Hindi website. Know news related to country and abroad and your state, Bollywood, sports world, business.