New Delhi. Automakers are unable to ensure adequate supply to dealers amid the semiconductor crisis. Due to this, there is a possibility of heavy loss to the dealers in this festive season. This opinion has been expressed by Vinkesh Gulati, president of FADA, Federation of Associations of Vehicle Dealers.
Gulati said, “Chip’s crisis continues. In such a situation, the manufacturer has to deal with production issues. They are reducing the supply to their dealer partner.”
Bookings getting canceled with dealers
From the first day of Navratri, a busy 42-day session has started for the vehicle dealers. Due to lack of supply, dealers are unable to assure their customers to wait for the delivery of the vehicle of their choice. Bookings are getting canceled with dealers amid huge demand for many models. At the same time, due to lack of adequate stock with the dealers, there is also a decrease in on-the-spot purchases.
Also read- Buying a car in the festive season becomes expensive! After Maruti, Nissan also increased the price, know everything
Gulati said, “Festive season is the most important for us in terms of sales. On an average, in these two months, we achieve 40 per cent of our annual sales. This is the time when we are able to earn and save for the rest of the year’s operations. This year we are not getting enough number of vehicles. In such a situation, we are apprehensive of loss.
Waiting period for three months
He said that the waiting period for most models in the passenger vehicle segment has increased significantly from one to three months earlier. Sales have also been affected on the spot due to non-availability of vehicles at the dealership. Gulati said, “According to our data, 50 to 60 percent of the buyers make pre-bookings. At the same time, the remaining 40 percent come to the showroom and buy the vehicle immediately. But this chapter is closed for us now.”
Sales are estimated to be 3 to 3.5 lakh units in the festive season
Describing the whole situation as very challenging, he said that if the industry is able to achieve normal sales in these 42 days, then it will be considered very lucky. He said, “We are apprehensive of a big loss. Our retail sales range from 4 to 4.5 lakh units during the festive season. But this time it is estimated to be only 3 to 3.5 lakh units. If we are able to achieve this figure also, we will be very lucky.”
Read Hindi News Online Watch More Live TV on Hindi website. Know related to country and abroad and your state, Bollywood, sports world, business News in Hindi.