New Delhi. The Income Tax Department has issued income tax refund of more than Rs 70,120 crore to the taxpayers till 6 September 2021. The Income Tax Department on Sunday informed on Twitter that in this personal income tax refund of Rs 16,753 crore in more than 24.70 lakh cases and corporate tax refund of Rs 53,367 crore in 1.38 lakh cases. Refund) is included.
During which period the tax refund was made
The Income Tax Department said that the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has issued tax refunds of more than Rs 70,120 crore to more than 26.09 lakh taxpayers during April 1, 2021 to September 6, 2021. Let us inform that the date for filing Income Tax Return (ITR Filing) for the assessment year 2021-22 has been extended to 31 December 2021. In May, the CBDT extended its date to 30 September, giving relief to the taxpayers. If you have not received your tax refund till 6th September, then know what are the reasons for delay in refund and how you can check the status of your tax refund.
CBDT issues refunds of over Rs. 70,120 crore to more than 26.09 lakh taxpayers between 1st April, 2021 to 6th September, 2021. Income tax refunds of Rs. 16,753 crore have been issued in 24,70,612 cases &corporate tax refunds of Rs. 53,367 crore have been issued in 1,38,801 cases.
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) September 12, 2021
read this also- If the export of these 75 products from the country increases, then by 2027 the export target of $ 750 billion will be achieved: PHDCCI
If refund is not received then know why the delay is happening
If you enter wrong bank details or do something wrong, you may get delayed in getting your refund. Apart from this, there may be a delay in getting the refund even if the bank account is not prevalidated. At the same time, even if your ITR is not verified, it will take time to get the refund. Explain that the income tax of the income tax payer is already deducted on the basis of his projected investment document in a financial year. When he submits the final documents by the end of the financial year, then his excess tax deducted is returned. For this, he has to apply for refund by filing ITR.
read this also- Good news for farmers! Center hikes minimum support price of wheat by Rs 40 and mustard by Rs 400
How to know income tax refund status
Taxpayers can check their tax refund status on the NSDL website. Let’s know its complete process…
1. You can check your refund status online at www.incometaxindia.gov.in or www.tin-nsdl.com.
2. Log on to any of these websites and click on the Status of Tax Refunds tab.
3. Enter your PAN number and assessment year for the year for which the refund is pending.
4. If the department has processed the refund, you will get a message mentioning the mode of payment, reference number, status and date of refund.
5. If the refund has not been processed or has not been given, then the same message will come.
read this also- Cabinet Decisions: This big decision of the central government will give employment to lakhs of people, know everything
How to check status on e-filing portal
1. Click here and enter the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department. View Returns / Forms.
2. Go to My Account tab and select Income Tax Return. Click Submit.
3. Click on the acknowledgment number.
4. A page showing your return details along with income tax refund status will appear.
Read Hindi News online and watch Live TV News18 on Hindi website. Know news related to country and abroad and your state, Bollywood, sports world, business.